7/12 extract (Satbara Utara) is a very important land related document in Maharashtra. The document is maintained by the revenue department of the state for tax collecting purpose. 7/12 extract documents is a vital indicator of the legal status of the actual plot. It is used for locating ancestral information of any particular land. Past disputes, litigation, court orders, etc. that could affect the land ownership or its legal stature can be found in this piece of document.
Apart from this, 7/12 extract is a record of all the activities done on the land in the past. It is significant as it states the precise location together with physical nature. For agricultural land, the extract also keeps a record of the crops that were last grown on the land.
It is widely utilized in rural and semi- rural areas, for identifying owners for sanctioning of agricultural and non- agricultural loans, etc.
- Form VII– for details about the owner of the land and his rights.
- Form XII– for details about the agricultural aspect of the land.
The 7/12 extract contains the following information about the land:
- Name/s of the owner/s who are holders, Occupants, Owners or Mortgagees of the land or Assignees of the rent or revenue
- Survey number/Gut no.
- Type of land whether agricultural or non- agricultural
- Location of the land -Name of the taluka or tahsil and Village in which the land is located
- Area of the land (usable and non-usable land)
- Name of the cultivator – if the owner of the land is not its cultivator
- Details of outstanding loans, if any
Uses of 7/12 extract or Satbara Utara in Maharashtra:
This document serves several purposes by containing relevant and important information regarding any portion of land in the state of Maharashtra.
- It helps in determining the land’s exact location.
- 7/12 extract is a legal document and acts as an evidence in a civil case.
- It gives details of all of the land’s ongoing agricultural activities, such as the type of crop grown. Based on the activity, this aids in branding the land as agricultural or cultivated land.
There are a variety of other circumstances in which the document might be required. The extract is used to prove the ownership of the land. It can be used to see if there have been any previous conflicts with the property. In the event of civil litigation, the court may demand land record proof. The document is also necessary for Sub-registrar’s office sales transactions.
How to obtain 7/12 extract?
7/12 extract is obtained online through bhulekh.mahabhumi.gov.in by entering details of the property.
According to the report of the year 2009, 2.1 crore extracts in all the 358 talukas in Maharashtra have been digitalized. The hand-written certificate which was issued earlier is now replaced by computerized certificate which makes the land records more accurate and assessable, with this it also helps to end the corruption.